Are you looking for some healthy organic food to be delivered each week? Sometimes, you just need some ideas for smoothies, meals, and snacks to help you order what is right for you. Green Soul Organics wants to help promote quality eating, as well as support local farmers. Here are some healthy organic food ideas to help you eat well throughout the week.
Consider Organic Fruit As an Option For Smoothies
Smoothies are a great way to eat healthy if you don’t have time for lunch or breakfast. On average, it takes about 3 minutes to blend a smoothie. Here are some general tips for using organic fruits and vegetables to make a smoothie:
- Start with about 1 cup of fresh organic fruit.
- Some great bases for organic fruit smoothies include strawberries, mangoes, blueberries, bananas, pineapples, and peaches.
- Sometimes, a touch of vegetables will add some antioxidants to your smoothies. A handful of kale or spinach will make your smoothie more antioxidant rich.
Instead of Eating Out, Make a Salad From Organic Vegetables
Eating out can become expensive and it is often unhealthy. We have a great easy salad that you can take with you when you need to go to work or you can eat it at home. It takes about five to ten minutes to prep and will last you throughout the week if you make it on Sunday night. Here is what you will need:
- Organic lettuce, chopped.
- Organic kale, chopped.
- Thinly sliced organic purple cabbage and small carrots.
- Chopped raw broccoli, peas, or any other fresh organic vegetable that you would like to include.
You can easily combine these in a bowl and store in a plastic container or bag to take with you throughout the week. This salad works great with any dressing or a light vinaigrette.
Ready to Eat Organic Meals
Green Soul Organics also stocks several different ready-to-eat meals that you can have delivered. These take only a few minutes to prepare and you can take them with you to work. Many of our ready to eat meals are organic, vegan, and they are all holistically healthy. Some possible ideas include:
- Our Plantasy Foods soups.
- Our Indian foods.
- Our Vegan nut roast with cranberries and walnut and lentil mince.
The Benefits of Healthy Organic Eating
There are many benefits to eating organic. Some of the ideas above will help you make it throughout the week if you are hesitant to eat organic if you don’t have the time. Certified organic foods are:
- Known to have more healthy nutrients.
- Use no artificial ingredients or other additives.
- Have more healthy antioxidants.